"Spun" is Ängie's third single. It was released on March 10th, 2017, alongside with its music video. On June 16th of the same year, a remix EP was released featuring two remixes of the track.
Ängie took weeks to get the song done because she and her producer and songwriters had difficulties to finish its lyrics, so they recorded the song in separate "takes". The song changed several times in each session and Ängie accepted many sugestions from other songwriters since she was new to writing especially happy songs.
The song was made because at the time Ängie's manager wanted her to make a song that could be played on clubs and increase her popularity. Even though she didn't like the idea she ended up doing and really liked the song.
The production was centered on trying to make an "edgy" but still pop song.
Spun, very much like Ängie's previous singles, talks about her excessive use of drugs, especially weed on her everyday life. She sings about the various forms of drugs that she takes and how she wants and loves to be under the influence of drugs.
On her web series Inside Ängie, she says that the song is actually about the time she was living in her hometown, Nynäshamn, being tired of life and taking drugs to forget about everything – the song describes her at her lowest point. In the video she states: "[...] I just felt really lonely, and I didn't even know who I was or what I wanted to be or who I wanted to be, so it was a messed up time in my life."
Music Video Stills
Behind the Scenes
The single got a an EP called "Spun (Remixes)". The EP features 2 remixes "Spun". It was released digitally on June 16th, 2017. The tracklist is as follows:
1. "Spun (Pink Panda Remix)" — 3:55
2. "Spun (Beard Remix)" — 3:11
- In "Spun", Ängie also briefly talks about her borderline disorder for the first time in a song, in the line "I got company, borderline disorder, that's me" and because of that the song is really important to her.
- "Spun" is Pussel Widegren's favorite song from Ängie.
- The music video for the song has Ängie's brother Maxen and his boyfriend as special guests.
- The title of the song is inspired by the 2002 film of the same name.