The following content discusses triggering topics such as drugs. If these topics are triggering, we strongly urge you not to view this page.
"Smoke Weed Eat Pussy" is Ängie's debut single. It was officially released on September 16th, 2016, alongside with its music video.
The opportunity to produce this song came to Ängie when she sent some videos of her singing it as a joke to the duo Death Team's Snapchat. Through that, the producer Johan Tilli contacted her to produce the song and sign up for his record label, Rich Parents AB.
The song was first posted on Ängie's Soundcloud, and not very long after she released it under her record label. The song received a lot of attention in a short amount of time because of its "controversial" subject matter, and shortly after the label demanded a music video to push the song further. It is to this day Ängie's most successful single, accumulating over 30 million streams on all platforms.
"Smoke Weed Eat Pussy" is about Ängie's lifestyle fooling around with women and getting high every single day. The song can also be interpreted as a response to how male rappers ofter talk about these topics and are praised while when female pop stars – like Miley Cyrus, who Ängie was compared to after the release of the song – do it, they are dragged for being promiscuous.
When asked about the inspirations for the song, Ängie said: "The song itself is about slutting around after my first girlfriend. I thought I was gay and got really grossed out by dicks. Ha! But it's also just a fun song. People need to loosen up a little."
Behind the Scenes
Before signing with a label, Ängie released the song on Soundcloud with a different cover.
- Ängie and Johan Tilli instantly thought of the song as her debut single because it was "click-bait".
- There is an alternative music video for the song which was made before the official one, but Ängie didn't post it because she hated it.
- Sometimes she doesn't like the song. Depending on how she feels in a day she may hate and feel ashamed of it or love it.
- This is currently Ängie's most popular song with 9 million views on Youtube.
- The sketch for this song was Ängie's first time writing lyrics.
- In interviews for the promotion of "Smoke Weed Eat Pussy", Ängie ofter called herself a 'Lil Weed Hoe'.
- An official physical version of the single was sold on the website Discodogs, and it can be bought here.
- In an Instagram Q&A, Ängie said that this is her least favorite song she ever made, since it doesn't represent her as an artist anymore.