"Housewife Spliffin'" is Ängie's second single. It was released on November 18th, 2016, alongside with its music video.
The song and moledy came to her in the middle of a night when she was having insomnia, and she wrote it in 15 minutes on her notepad. She recorded the demo for the song in the same week but the finished version took 2 months because the label, manager and agents had to give feedback about it.
In her webseries Inside Ängie, she says the song was inspired by her boyfriend at the time who didn't like her smoking, so she would lie about how she was going to do house work – like dishes, laundry, etc – to smoke by herself.
In relation to the track's title, a housewife is a married woman who stays home and tends to household chores. Ängie describes herself as one, but then clears up that she hasn’t got a husband and has no intention to do work around the house. A spliff is a neat cigarette containing tobacco and marijuana, a popular recreational drug. So here, Ängie is saying her plans are to stay home all day to smoke and relax.
Behind the Scenes
- The music video for the song is Ängie's favorite.
- The sketch for this song was written by Ängie's in 15 minutes.
- In the original lyrics of the song the verse "I don't care where and I don't care how" was "I don't care when and I don't care how" but it was changed in production.
- The song is inspired by a Spotify playlist that Ängie had at the time.
- An offical physical version of the single was sold on the website Discodogs, it's currently sold out, but you can go to the page here.
- Ängie did a tutorial for one of the makeup looks she used on the music video for the song on her Youtube channel, however the video is now private.